Invite the light to your life!
It’s officially spring in Ireland, even though we are not feeling it just yet in relation to temperature. But I do hope that April and May will give us plenty sunny days and optimistic gesture like throwing open all the windows and packing away the winter coats. Warmer temperature means more time outside and this is linked with better mental and physical health. I love everything about spring, because I feel that during this season I invite more light to my life.
If you don’t feel like that, today I want to share with you a little action plan for inviting the light of spring into your body, mind and life. Here is what you should do:
- Exercise! Start from 10-15 minutes of your favourite workout. You can play loud music and dance until you sweat or participate in the zumba class. It is all about to feel your heart race and warm up your body.
- Brighten up yourself! Smile on your face or colourful clothes will increase your energy level right away. You can invite some real, living energy to your home by bringing some fresh and favourite flowers or plant out there.
- Meditate every day! Meditationis a conscious effort to change how the mind works. It is good to practise meditation even for 5 minutes every day. The benefits are outstanding as meditation brings the brainwave pattern into an Alpha state that promotes healing. With regular practice of meditation you will invite more light into your mind and life, you will increase your happiness and creativity, improve your emotional stability and immune system, you will increase your energy level and develop intuition.
- Surround yourself with positive people! Surround yourself with people who make you laugh, who make you happy, who help you when you are in need, who build you up and believe in you.
- Change your eating habits! In my understanding the purpose of springis to really reawaken and rejuvenate the body. Remember to drink water. I do love starting my day with the glass of warm water with slice of lemon; it gives me more energy on a day. Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Change something up! It may be time to change your style, your furniture at home, your daily routine, your perfume. Experiment with the newness. Choose one thing day you will do differently.
- Hunt for an absorbing book! Get off the internet! Everything you read fills your head with new bits of information, with new ideas, with new approaches to daily life. It will open your mind; it will inspire real thinking and creativity.
- Find new passion! There may be more than one passion in your life. Ask other people for ideas. See what others have discovered as their passions. The more possibilities you find, the more likely your chances of finding your true passion. And the spring is a great season to discover one!
I believe that much longer and sunnier days, more positive and optimistic approach and above suggestions will help you to invite more light to your life in spring. You can do it! You just need to believe. Keep me posted how you are getting on.
This blog post was written a year ago for Positive Success Group, but I decided to reposted it again as we do have SPRING in Ireland!