About the Silva Method
The SILVA METHOD is a global organization dedicated to changing lives by empowering minds. The Silva Method is a simple, practical, easy to learn toolkit, designed to train you to make better use of your mental processes. Over 6 million people in 110 countries in nearly 50 Years – including Scientists, Doctors, Artists and Entrepreneurs – have used the Silva Method® to experience a life beyond the ordinary and what meditation backed by four decades of research can do.
The benefits of using the Silva Method:
1. Positive thinking with action Other mind development or motivational trainings are great at telling you the importance of optimism and staying focused and positive. The Silva Method actually gives you a STEP-BY-STEP, proven process for mastering this skill. The Silva Life System holds the secret of unleashing the powers of your mind. It is really the “secret” behind “The Secret”. The ability to function consciously in a deeply relaxed and focused state of mind and body. Upon studying Silva’s training, Dr. James Motif of the Psychology Department in Hope University, Australia, found that it led to an increase in adherence to moral and ethical standards, positive attitudes to family members and better social self-image. It also led to a decrease in self-criticism. In addition, Dr. George Desau, in a study on Silva graduates at the Incarnate School for Girls in San Antonio, Texas, found that our curriculum boosted ego strength, helped prevent shyness, increased trust and cooperation among students and led to greater self-assurance and warm-heartedness.
2. Reduce stress and leverage your personal energy After attending the Silva Method seminar, you will be able to direct your personal energy, minimize the negative effects of stress and improve your health. You will be able to relax your mind and body in seconds. You will know how to improve your immune system, reduce the effects of aging, stay “forever young” and calm yourself instantly. But that’s not all. When you direct your energy you can achieve a healthy, positive state in seconds. This is the first key to a happier life. Without this ability, your health deteriorates, you age quicker, your relationships suffer, and you work harder and longer to achieve less. “Based on the newest findings from Harvard’s recent genetic study on the effects of relaxation, breathing awareness, and positive guided imagery, I feel confident that many of the methods, as taught by Silva International, can stimulate gene expression in the brain that are involved in reducing physical and psychological stress and boosting immune functioning.” Mark Robert Waldman
3. Improve your health In the Silva Life System you will learn a variety of mental visualization methods designed to accelerate your mind and body’s natural capacity for physical and emotional healing. These results have been studied and endorsed by a variety of medical practitioners. For example Dr. O. Carl Simonton, a world-renowned cancer therapy researcher, described the Silva Method as one of the “most powerful single tools” that he can offer to his patients.
4. Boost your creativity Studies show that creativity is enhanced when functioning at the Alpha level. Listening to the Silva Life System, you will learn how to enter the Alpha level at will and then to use your creative mind to help you think of solutions to problems, enhance creativity or let inspiration flow. Silva graduates have used this process to develop patents, start new businesses, or to create works of art, literature and music. Here are some examples: Bestselling author Richard Bach praised The Silva Method publicly: “Mental discipline and creative visualization are what’s behind the power of the Silva Method,” he said in an article in Harper’s Bazaar magazine. Bach also credits inspiration from The Silva Method as having helped him finish his best-selling book, “Jonathan Livingston Seagull”. Band leader Dr. Severinsen has composed music while at his Alpha level. In a newspaper article, he claimed it helped him connect better with his own spiritual life, and in doing so he became a much better person. World renowned sculpt or Harry Jackson said it brought him the peace of mind he had been searching for.
5. Achieve your goals quicker We create what we focus on. By learning to focus on your goals, you will become more positive and directed, and you will more easily be able to leap over obstacles on your path. Studies have shown that the Silva programs lead to you becoming permanently more self-assured and positive. But most of all, you learn to think bigger, set higher goals and seek to achieve things that contribute to humanity.
6. Free Yourself From Negative Beliefs and Behaviors Program yourself for success. Any message repeated often enough, especially during childhood, forms the seeds of deep-rooted beliefs. From infancy we have all been unconsciously “programmed” by our parents, teachers, siblings, the media and society, mostly with good intentions but bad results. The Silva Method will help you to free you of these negative beliefs and behaviors. You will learn skills to gain control over your own mind so that you can consciously expand your limits, overcome negative programming and continue to grow.
7. Sleep better and learn to practice creative dreaming Silva teaches you to “command” your mind to let you fall asleep when you choose to. It also shows you how to set your internal clock to be able to wake up anytime—without the use of an alarm clock. Imagine how much productivity and energy you will gain by always having a good night’s rest. You will also learn a wonderful technique to help you remember your dreams—and even to ask for dreams that could contain the solution to problems. Throughout history, people have credited dreams with helping them develop new ideas. The inventor Elias Howe got the idea for the sewing machine through a dream. Paul McCartney came up with the song “Yesterday” in a dream. The structure of the Carbon-6 molecule was discovered through a dream.
8. Perform better at work environment and sports Dr. Charles Garfield, former NASA researcher and current president of The Performance-Science Institute in Berkeley, California, talks about a startling experiment conducted by Soviet sports scientists. The study examined the effect of mental training, including visualization, on four groups of world-class athletes just prior to the 1980 Olympics in Lake Placid, New York. The four groups of elite athletes were divided as follows: Group 1: did 100% physical training. Group 2: did 75% physical training, 25% mental training. Group 3: did 50% physical training, 50% mental training. Group 4: did 25% physical training, 75% mental training. What the researchers found was that group 4—the group with the most mental training—had shown significantly greater improvement than group 3. Likewise, group 3 showed more improvement than group 2, and group 2 showed more improvement than group 1. The results were astonishing. Who would expect that athletes training mentally would be able to advance further than their counterparts who were training physically? Garfield said, “During mental rehearsal, athletes create mental images of the exact movements they want to emulate in their sport. Use of this skill substantially increases the effectiveness of goal-setting, which up until then had been little more than a dull listing procedure.” Russell “Bucky” Dent, a baseball player with the Chicago White Sox, began studying the Silva Method in 1975. In 1978 he was named Most Valuable Player at the World Series. Dent has been quoted as saying, “The Silva Method helped me with my concentration, and it helped me to relax before the pressures of a game.” To this day, many world-class athletes use the principles of The Silva Method to visualize their desired outcomes, improve focus and keep their minds and bodies in optimal condition. Silva has an especially huge following in sports that encourage a mind-body approach to physical excellence. With the Silva Life Intuition System, you learn to practice such mental rehearsals. The results can be very significant.
9. Make Better Decisions and Recognize Your Opportunities Imagine having such a keen sense of intuition, so well developed, that you could reliably and regularly tap into its source. Would this type of ability have helped you make better decisions in the past? Intuition, like creativity and imagination, is a faculty of genius, and a function of the right brain hemisphere, in our opinion. Ninety percent of adults have lost their ability to draw from this part of their intelligence; although we all possessed these abilities as children. Regain your creative genius by enrolling in the Silva Method program. You will learn proven, reliable techniques to access your creativity and intuition on demand.
10. Tap into your intuition Silva recognizes that everyone is born with intuitive abilities, and that anyone who learns how to manifest these abilities can function at a highly intuitive level. Through our proprietary scientific and time-tested process, you’ll learn how to use your inbuilt psychic abilities in everyday life, and use your “gut feeling” for a happier, more successful and more enlightened life. A research project conducted by Dr. George Maycock at Appalachian State University in North Carolina demonstrated that students who completed Silva training showed a significant increase in creative and intuitive functioning. Of the 30 students who participated, 25 showed gains in intuitive abilities. Four of the other five (who did not show improvement) were already functioning in a high intuitive mode before the training. Intuition is valuable for students and adults alike. One researcher found that 70 percent of gifted or high-IQ students were predominantly intuitive, while only 39% of students in regular classes were intuitive.